Friday, January 20, 2017

We are on the mend. Hopefully!

This has been a long week. All of us, except Courtney, had colds. They are just hanging on too. I talked to my chiropractor on Thursday and she said they are staying around for 2- 3 weeks. I believe it!  We all have been sneezing, blowing our noses, losing our voices, and Micah's chest was crackly the other day. It has not been fun! Unfortunately, every time Christian gets a cold, it always turns into bronchitis. Yesterday, he coughed all day long and sure enough, I took his temperature when he went to bed last night and it was 101 degrees. (This is when he pushed the thermometer out of his mouth, I am sure it was higher.) Today I let him play Legos all day and take a "sick day" from school. He barely coughed all day! I am still run down too, so we did what we had to get done and will get back to it next week.

I hope Christian feels even better tomorrow morning because it is his first basketball game! For the last three years, we have played basketball with the Upward Program at a local church. We love this program because they play in January and February, which are the months when you are cooped up at home due to the weather. Basketball gives us something to do! It also gets the kids exercising during the long winter months. It is for ages kindergarten through 5th grade, so Christian and Courtney are both playing this year. Christian's games are always at 8 or 9 am and Courtney's are always at 3 or 4 pm. It kind of takes our whole Saturdays! Tonight when I tucked Courtney and Christian into bed, I told them I would be cheering for them tomorrow. Megan said, "Hey, what about me?" I said, "I will cheer you on to because you will probably be chasing Micah all over the place!" She laughed! I don't know how we are going to handle him during these games!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment