Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Little guy is sick!

Micah has been pretty healthy in the disease department for most of his life. He has his first big cold right now and he is pretty sad! He cries whenever he coughs and you can hear the mucus in his lungs rattling. It is pretty miserable.  I called the doctor yesterday morning because I didn't want it to be pneumonia. She said if he spikes a fever and gets very lethargic, then we should be concerned. I told her we weren't there yet, and I was ok treating his symptoms at home. We have been through bronchitis enough with Christian that we know the routine! Advil and Albuteral are my friends right now. He is also sleeping in the pack n play in my room, so I can keep an eye on him.

Since Micah is sick, we knew he would probably pass it around. I currently have a sore throat along with Megan and Christian. Matt is just blowing his nose a lot, but he says he is more achy than anything. The only one who feels great is Courtney! This is so typical- she has a rock start immune system!

We have had a pretty slow week around here. Last night, I was up with Micah from 2:30-4 am, so I turned my alarm off and didn't end up waking up until 9 am! Luckily everybody else was still sleeping too. I don't even remember Matt getting up and going to work!

We got through what we could today with school. I had to take many breaks to take care of Micah and comfort him. He did not want to play on his own very much, but he just wanted to be held. When he was tired, he slept in the ergo front carrier. His naps have been about an hour lately, so I am kind of restricted on what I can do during that time because I am carrying him.  Tomorrow might be much of the same. Hopefully he will start improving here shortly or I might have to take him into the doctor. Now that the ice storm is over, I can make it there without a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment