Sunday, January 1, 2017

Bad Mom moment??

Last night was New Year's Eve and we all stayed up until midnight! Everybody except Micah! He was asleep and in his bed about 9:30. This was perfect! I was able to stay up and he could still get a full night's sleep.

Wrong!! About 4:15 am, I heard him crying, so I let him fuss a little bit. I was hoping he would go back to sleep. I knew if I got up, I would be up a couple hours with him.

He fussed a little bit, and then he would be quiet for about 5-10 minutes, then he would fuss some more, then he would be quiet some more. He never got super mad nor did he go completely back to sleep.

About 5:30, I was kind of tired of him trying to make up his mind, so I went in there. I walked into his room and the first thing I smelled was puke! I could hardly believe it! I didn't see any in his bed, but once I looked at him, he had snot all over his face and there was some puke on his bed. Poor thing!! I picked him up and he definitely smelled like puke! I cleaned his face off and picked his blanket up. There was more puke! Poor kid! I didn't even hear him throw up!!

I sat down in the chair for a little bit to calm him down and he immediately fell asleep on my chest. About 5 minutes later, he kind of opened his eyes and looked at me. I also saw that he had some puke in his hair, so at 5:45 this morning, I gave him a bath!!

After his bath, I put some fresh clothes on him and went downstairs. I sat down in front of the computer to check things out and after a few minutes, I moved to the recliner to watch TV while he slept. At one point, he looked at me and threw up again. It wasn't forceful or anything, he just kind of spit it out of his mouth. I took the blanket I had and cleaned his face off again and he went right back to sleep. I didn't want to move him to change blankets, so I just folded the dirty one over. I know. bad, huh? I just know that when you puke, you don't want to move at all! I also figured that Matt would be up soon and could help me out!

ABout 7:30, matt came downstairs and Micah was sleeping on my lap. I informed him that he had thrown up and he had a disgruntled look on his face. We have been super blessed the last few years by having nobody puke in our house! I didn't want to start anything! He helped me get his blankets in the wash and get him another fresh blanket.

He continued to sleep until about 10 am. Matt brought me breakfast, but eventually I had to got to the bathroom, so I put the sleepy boy on the floor and he stayed asleep!!

Around 10, he sat up and smiled. It was as if nothing even happened! We nursed and that stayed down, so hopefully we will continue to do well.

I honestly think he may have just been choking on some phlegm. He gets very stuffed up at night and I have heard him choking before, I am hoping this is all it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment