Sunday, May 29, 2016

Exzema, GO AWAY!

After my allergic reaction last week to what I assume is coconut oil, Micah has definitely gotten worse in the eczema and sleeping department.

I got him to bed last night around 10 and we were up again at 1.  I went in and fed him and got him back to sleep. After rocking him for 5-10 minutes, I laid him down and he woke right up! Ugh!

I picked him up and rocked him for another ten minutes or so and laid him down again. Again, he woke up.  For the third time, I rocked him. This time when I laid him down, he actually stayed asleep, so I snuck back to my bedroom and went to bed.  Not even five minutes later, he was up again!!

I went back in there and noticed he was trying to scratch the back of his head on his sheet, so I reached over and scratched his head for him. He immediately stopped crying!! I scratched his head for awhile and even his tummy incase that hurt too. After awhile, he just started crying, so I picked him up and rocked him yet again.

I could tell he wanted to nurse, but I felt there was no reason to eat. It was almost 3 am by this point and I had just fed him around 1. (Honestly, he probably doesn't need to eat at all during the night!)  I was just fighting him, and finally I laid him back in his bed while he was still screaming at me and went back to my room. Sometimes you just have to put the baby down and let them cry!

When I went back to my room, I kind of yelled at Matt because I was just tired!! I had been working with Micah for two hours and he was still NOT back to sleep. He told me to chill out and he went in there. I shut the bedroom door, so I couldn't hear anything. Apparently Matt picked him up and they went to the basement to watch YouTube videos.

Around 4:30, I woke up and noticed that Matt was not back upstairs and the bedroom door was still shut. I got up and looked in Micah's room. Micah was sound asleep in his bouncy seat!! I then went downstairs because there was a light on in the living room. I eventually found Matt in the basement and he said he was wide awake, so he was just working on some thing in the basement.  I went back to bed and he came back to bed fifteen minutes later.

We were up from 1 am to about 4:45 am this morning, we had some catnaps in between, but neither one of us got much sleep during this time.

Around 7:30 am, I heard Micah again and noticed that nobody else was up yet. I went and got him and took him downstairs to feed him.  After I fed him, he immediately went back to sleep and I kind of dozed off myself.

About 8:30, the phone rang for Matt, so I had to get up and get it. In the meantime, I woke Micah up because he was sleeping on my lap.  After the phone call, I went and got the kids up. If we were going to make it to church on time, we needed to get going. Matt was still asleep!

After the kids made their way downstars, Matt came down too. We were soooo tired! I was weak and didn't feel like doing anything. Matt didn't look so good himself.  The girls, though, were well rested and were ready to go to church. Matt looked at me with the,"Why don't we just stay home and sleep" look, but I really thought we should go to church. I don't want to teach the girls that if you are tired, you can skip church. Everybody got ready and we were out the door only five minutes late!

As the day went on, I noticed Micah's exzema getting worse. He actually cried at us for an hour tonight, which he hasn't done in a long time! He has not been taking very good naps during the day, so he is overtired again. I am also sure that if his skin is looking worse, then his stomach probably hurts more too. I found some 100% Vaseline today, so I covered him in that before I put him to bed tonight. Hopefully we will get more than a three hour stretch tonight! We also put a radio in his room, so he has some background music. This always helped him before.

No comments:

Post a Comment