Monday, May 16, 2016

Birthday Party?

Today we had a birthday party for our house and it wasn't for one of my children, well, sort of. It was for "Lyla," Courtney's twin sister. Megan, Christian, Micah, and I were all called down to the basement about 4 pm this afternoon and given positions. We were supposed to stand there and yell surprise when "Lyla" came down the stairs.

When she came down, we all yelled surprise and then we had to help "Lyla" celebrate her 10th birthday. (Courtney had been talking about this party all day and hauling various things downstairs, but I didn't really know what she was doing. Her plans are usually harmless, so I just let her do it without asking many questions.)

Courtney had the radio downstairs, so there was dancing and music. She took a pitcher full of water and my real glass glasses down there, so there were drinks. Notice the white bowl with fruit in it in the picture, we had to have snacks!  Apparently "Lyla" also likes airplanes, so one activity was to make a paper airplane. There was some painting that happened. I left the party early, so I didn't get to partake in that fun.

Celebrating Lyla turning 10!

Oh and if you were wondering, Courtney was at her friend Halle's house all afternoon.  I went into the living room at one point, and Courtney (the real one) was standing outside the front door with her basketball clothes on, apparently she was just coming back from Halle's house.

I just shake my head sometimes at the things this child comes up with....

No comments:

Post a Comment