Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Very Successful Nights!

After having two nights when we were up from 1-3 (even 4) hours, Micah has flipped! Now he sleeps so long, I wonder if he is still alive! Not that I am complaining, but it is weird waking up at 5 am and realizing that you weren't up with the baby ALL night!!!

After having two very long nights, Matt and I decided some things need to change and we are not sure if one of these things or all of them helped.

1. We put a radio in his room and turn it on really low all night.
2. I put cooler pajamas on him. Maybe the kid was just hot!
3.  I started giving him his probiotics again. Honestly, his eczema got really bad over the weekend and I was not giving him his probiotics.
4. Go back to being super strict on my diet. I had carrots on Saturday and we were up all night, then I had some soy on Sunday and we were up again.
5. Making sure he is getting his naps during the day. I have been able to rock him to sleep during the day and lay him down in his bed. He will sometimes take 1- 1 1/2 hour long naps!! He may do this 2-3 times a day. What an improvement!!
6.  I also feel that since we are somewhat on a better schedule, my milk supply has built itself up a little bit.  Maybe he is just getting fuller during the day. I know my thyroid is low and that affects milk supply, so maybe that is turning around for the better!

Whatever happened, I like it!!

Now last night though, I slept so hard that I couldn't move my neck in the morning. I ended up going to the chiropractor at 9 am to get adjusted!



No comments:

Post a Comment