Saturday, November 7, 2015

Thurday's adventure (a couple days late!)

I thought we were going to have this baby last Thursday, but no such luck! I was fine in the morning, I just had contractions here and there like usual, until I ate lunch.  We had chili for lunch, but it wasn't too spicy. As I was making lunch, I started to notice the contractions picking up and becoming a little bit more intense.  We were supposed to go to our PE coop at 1:30, so I contacted a few of my friends around 1 pm and said that I have been contracting pretty regularly, and I didn't think we should go to PE today. They understood! About 1:45, I started timing them. They were roughly 4-5 minutes apart.  I started writing them all down and without even looking at the clock, I could predict when the next one was coming for the entire afternoon. The girls were even involved in timing them. 

I had a chiropractic appointment scheduled for 3:45, so about 3:15, I called my chiropractor and asked him if I should come in or not. I told him my contractions were about four minutes apart for the last 2-3 hours and he told me to stay put! He immediately asked how far away my husband was and if he could get home quickly if I needed him too. I said yes! He told me to drink, drink, and drink and to eat incase I would end up having a baby that night. He again said that most moms in labor get dehydrated, so drink water like it was going out of style!  He also told me that we did not have a baby Thursday night, then I should come in Friday morning to get adjusted.

About this time too, I had the kids pack their bags and sleeping bags incase they had to go somewhere for the night. I didn't know what was going to happen.

I continued to have contractions all the way into the early evening.  I just felt like I wondered around the house all afternoon because there was really nothing I could do! I did play a couple games with the kids, like Scrabble, where Courtney insisted on putting letters together and looking them up on the computer to see if they were really words; half of the time they were some odd Greek or Hebrew word and because I didn't feel like fighting her, I let her use them! We had a good laugh!

By about 6 to 7 pm, the contractions started to slow down, which I was ok with. I do not want to have to head to the hospital at 8 or even 10 pm. I do not want a middle-of-the-night baby.  I want a good night's sleep and THEN we can have a baby.  The contractions were sporadic throughout the evening, but not worth timing.  By bedtime, they had settled down and I was able to go to bed. Maybe another day....

No comments:

Post a Comment