Saturday, November 21, 2015

Sleep!!

After a pretty rough first week with Micah in regards to overnight sleeping, I think we have finally got it figured out!!

Last night, this boy slept 11-9 and was only up once at 5:30 to eat!! I LOVE IT!! The night before, he slept 11-6 and didn't wake up at all! I think we may be onto something.

What changed everything? I decided to put the boy on a schedule!!

The first week home, we just let him sleep whenever he wanted.  I would feed him and he would sleep the next three hours.  I would feed him again and he would sleep again.  By the time nighttime came around, we had a fussy baby and had to work 4-5 hours to get him back to sleep. He was finally settling down about 4 am and matt and I were running on 3-4 hours of sleep.

This obviously couldn't go on. I was super tired and was not healing. Matt had to go back to work and had to be there by 6 am on Monday, which meant he had to get up at 4:30 am.  I was therefore on my own overnight and I knew I couldn't pull these long nights anymore.

Last Monday, I started Micah on a schedule that involved WAKING HIM UP during the day.  Now, he eats, we wake him up for about an hour, then he naps for about an hour (or however long he wants.)  We rotate this schedule over and over during the day.

And guess what? He goes to bed at 11 and wakes up at 6! He is no longer awake during the night, but now more during the day. When it is time to go to bed, he is tired and goes to sleep!

This makes this mama happy! Plus we get to see his beautiful eyes during the day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment