Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Back to Reality!

I admit, this is probably one of the hardest recovery times I had when it comes to having babies.  I remember after I had Courtney, I was up and doing errands three days post-partum. There was no way that was happening this time!! I am ten days post-partum and finally feeling like myself again.  I definitely still have to be careful though and not overdo it yet!!

Today was the first time I took all four children out of the house by myself.  Today was also the first time I have driven since I had Micah!

Matt went back to work on Monday, but I knew after over-doing it last weekend, I needed to stay home on Monday and Tuesday and rest some more.  Today, the kids had their classes at the learning center and they really didn't want to miss them.   There are only two classes left for the semester, so  I thought it would be a good goal today to take them to their classes.

Courtney's class was at 10, so they gave us some time in the morning to get everybody up, get breakfast, and through the shower. I didn't get a shower in yesterday, so I definitely had to take one today! :)

We were all ready to go by 9:30!! I was amazed! Everybody cooperated and did what they had to do! Christian even got dressed and I only had to tell him once! I was impressed!

We made it to the learning center just in time. My goal was to deliver the kids to their classes and then hang out in the mom's room and lay low for the hour. I did exactly that! All the kids' teacher's wanted to see Micah, so that was fun! It was even fun running into people who didn't know I had a baby. I heard remarks such as, "Is he yours?" or "When did you have your baby?" or even "Wow, I can't believe you are here!"

After the kids' classes were over, we met Matt over at Pepperjax for lunch. I am still not up to cooking, so this was something pretty easy to do for lunch. We do have leftovers in the fridge, which we will eat in the next couple of days.  A few people have brought over meals, which have been WONDERFUL!! I will get back to cooking eventually.  I have another friend bringing over a meal this afternoon for us. :)

Tomorrow we are supposed to go on a fire station tour with our PE coop in the afternoon, so we will see what I decide to do with that outing.  If we go, we are supposed to take some baked goods, so Megan might be on duty to make some chocolate chip cookies.  I also would like to get adjusted again, so those might be some simple things to do tomorrow afternoon.

Friday we don't have any plans, so it might be a "hang around the house and do nothing" kind of day. And then there is the weekend again!!

We are also getting our Thanksgiving plans finalized, so I think we will be able to make those get-togethers. I am glad Micah came when he did! I can enjoy the holidays with family and a new baby! Quite a few of the family haven't met him yet, so this will be a great opportunity to meet him.

PS It was really weird not going to see my midwife today before we went to the learning center. I had went and saw her every Wednesday before the kids' classes for the last month. I go in next Monday for my two week post-partum checkup and then in another four weeks for my six week post-partum checkup and then we are done with checkups.  Hopefully everything is healing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment