Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Grocery Shopping

Today I ventured out again with all four children. Micah was refusing to take a nap and insisted on being nursed every hour. The other three kids kept migrating back to Minecraft.  We needed to go somewhere! (Now I remember why I went somewhere everyday when Megan was little!)

I made an executive decision that we were going to go get groceries! I haven't done this yet with the whole crew! I walked around Walmart last Sunday and was still a little weak, but I have been feeling even better these last three days.  We also needed quite a few groceries, and we have a family get-together this weekend that I need to make food for.  I got Micah fed and buckled him into his carseat, I was hoping he would go to sleep and stay asleep awhile! The kids kind of complained, but I made them go anyway.

Once we got to the store, I put Micah in one cart (since you are not supposed to put the baby carriers on top of the cart) and I had Megan push him around.  I took another cart for groceries.  It worked well! We got almost everything we needed and a few things we probably didn't (chocolate chips!).  I worked my way slowly through the store because I didn't want to overdo it.

We got checked out and came home. Success!! Luckily Matt was home already and he and the girls helped bring everything in.  Little by little, life is getting back to a new normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment