Monday, November 2, 2015

Getting out of School?

Courtney is super anxious for me to have this baby. Every couple of hours, she is asking me if I am having any contractions and when am I going to "pop" this baby out.  Yesterday, she started asking me when I was going to get induced. She actually said to me today, "Mom, can you get induced TODAY??"

I don't mind her asking me if I am having contractions, but today I had to put an end to the induction questions.  I told her that I will be induced when my midwife says I have to, other than that, we are going to wait patiently for baby boy to arrive. It's better for everyone. :)

Once I got thinking about all this, I finally realized her motive behind all of this. She cannot wait for a break from school! She is a kid who could probably sit on the living room floor all day and play Legos or be outside exploring and doing her own thing. She doesn't really love school and honestly, it is like pulling teeth sometimes to get her to the table to do her thirty minutes of math, spelling, and English lessons! (Yes, this sometimes takes us less than 30 minutes!)

Getting out of school is totally her motivation of why she wants me to have this baby soon!

I am not quite sure how we are going to deal with school once the baby comes, but I figure after 2-3 weeks, we should be able to get back to at least math and English.  I think it will be a gradual process to get back to everything and it may take awhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment