Saturday, November 7, 2015

School Thoughts.

With this impending baby, I am in deliberation about what to do with school. I could have this baby today or I could have this baby two weeks from now!

My problem is:
1. Do I continue to go full force in all our subjects as if we were having school only to stop wherever we are when the baby comes?

2. Do I stop on certain subjects because we are at a good stopping point at the moment and then start again later?

For instance, I am tempted to not do spelling for both girls until after the baby arrives.  It takes us four days to get through a spelling lesson, so if I do the first lesson Monday and baby arrives Tuesday, I cannot get back to that lesson for a couple of weeks. I do spelling Monday through Thursday and it would be really hard to pick spelling up in the middle of a lesson! I really think we are going to shelve those books until later...

We are going to keep going full force on math and English. Those lessons are daily, so it doesn't matter where we stop, even though it would be nice to stop after a chapter test!

We are also set to start a new missionary book on Monday with Megan's history and again, I don't want to read the first chapter, have a baby, and then have to put it down for a month! We are also in the middle of some other books, but those we can keep going on and just set them aside when we need to.

I think all of us are ready for a break from school, but I don't want to shelve half of our subjects and sit around and twiddle our thumbs for two weeks! I think we will just keep moving forward and stop when we need to!



No comments:

Post a Comment