Monday, August 17, 2015

We are back at it!

After a very busy last week and a very busy weekend, we are hitting the books this week! We got started with math last week, but this week we are adding English, spelling, and all our Sonlight material. We added English and spelling today and tomorrow, we are going to add Megan's Sonlight assignments. We will start Courtney's assignments on Wednesday.

I think I will add Christian's preschool in next week. Then we will be going 100% and my mind will be spinning!

It has been nice being off (for most of the subjects) for the last three months, I kind of forgot what it was like to stay up in the evenings and plan for the next day.  I also forgot what it was like to talk for about six hours a day, no wonder my throat hurts tonight. :(  I also found myself sitting a lot today teaching, that is different too! I have been so active this summer in one way or another, it was kind of odd to actually want to get up and move.

Last May, we quit in the middle of a couple of chapter books, so I have been busy re-reading those books in order to prepare for our lessons.  Since I am teaching two cores now, I have double the books to read.  I may just have to read the girls' assignments the night before we go over them because there is quite a bit to catch up on.  Maybe I should have started re-reading these books a couple of weeks ago.

We will add things little by little and by the time we get into a groove, it will be time to have this baby.  Chaos will definitely reign for a little while until we find our groove again with a newborn!!!

By the way, somebody asked me yesterday, "How are you going to homeschool with a newborn?" My response, "I guess I will figure it out!" I am not worried at all, people do it all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment