Wednesday, August 19, 2015

That evil dictionary!

Today Courtney had a lesson in using the dictionary. I don't know why, but whenever I have a dictionary lesson come up in their English books, the lesson usually ends in tears. Today was no different. 

But really, do kids need to know how to use the dictionary?? Megan knows how, but still looks everything up that she needs online. Today was Courtney's first time using the dictionary, so I know it was probably overwhelming and frustrating, but I think it is a very important life skill.

I use the dictionary quite a bit. If we are in the living room reading a book and don't know a word, I will go grab the dictionary quick and look the word up. (I did it this morning!) I guess sometimes I will go to the computer, I guess whichever one is closer!

What do you think? Are dictionary skills important these days or not so much??

No comments:

Post a Comment