Wednesday, May 27, 2015

16 Week Checkup!

Ok, this may turn into  a baby blog. :)

I just got home from my 16 week checkup and everything is GREAT! The girls got to come into the room and hear the baby's heartbeat. They didn't seem too excited, but it was still pretty neat! The poor baby was kicking so much that my midwife kept losing the heartbeat on her monitor. I think her exact words were, "My, you've got a wild one in there!" I know! I can already feel he/ she kicking and moving!  I guess active is good!! The baby's heartbeat was 152, and my midwife still thinks it is a girl!

She also brought in a little plastic baby the size of what our baby currently is and showed it to the girls. She also let them feel my belly and showed them where the baby was growing.  I gained my first six pounds too and have definitely popped! I need to figure out some new clothes and soon!

My midwife and I talked about a few things and then scheduled my 20 week ultrasound appointment! I can't believe we are almost halfway done! It goes by super fast when you don't tell anybody for 14 weeks!!

I think we will be counting down around here until we figure out if the baby is a boy or a girl. It is a daily discussion around here!! The kids are even trying to name the baby, which is a lot of fun! I am glad they are excited to welcome a new little human being into our house. (Hopefully things won't change when the baby actually gets here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment