Saturday, May 16, 2015

Blog Address and Changes Yet to Come!

I saw my blog address the other day and realized that it is not accurate anymore!

5ruwes.blogspot.com

Yep, I started this blog when I was pregnant with Christian!  I don't think I can change it now, but now we are going to be the 6ruwes!

This last week, we have had many discussions about the baby.  Luckily, nobody has asked "Where do babies come from?" yet!!!  Everybody now knows why we have belly buttons and that only girls have the parts to have a baby (for their knowledge, anyway!).  Christian likes to ask just making sure, "Does daddy have parts to have a baby? Does Courtney have parts to have a baby?"  He is just learning!!!

I also tell the kids that I get the leftovers because I am eating for two!! The kids have also asked me if the baby likes what I am eating, I just say, "Sure, he/she doesn't have a choice!" 

We have also talked about the many things that will change around here.

The bedroom situation is always a topic of conversation  We have three bedrooms and will have four children. Somebody will have to share!  We think that if it is a boy, we will put him in with Christian, who has already volunteered to share his bed with the baby! I told him he doesn't need to share his bed, just his room. He is super-excited just the same!  The girls say that if it is a girl, we can put her in with them and have three girls in one room. The have also thought of the great idea of getting bunk beds, which may be a possibility! This way, Courtney can keep her playroom!

I say no matter what, we need to clean the playroom out top to bottom anyway!  I would like the baby to have his/ her own room for awhile, especially if he/she insists on NOT sleeping through the night. I don't want the other kids up! Of course, he/ she will be in my bedroom for 2-3 months to start.  The playroom is getting a new window in July, so I think that will be a great summer project.  Matt also said that maybe he should finish the basement, so we can move the bookshelves down there and maybe get rid of some other stuff. I think it is a great idea!! (Matt only started on the basement BEFORE Christian was born and he hasn't worked on it in the last two years!)

We have also talked about how we will need a new truck to pull the camper.  Our current truck only holds five people (two up front and three in the back). We absolutely cannot fit anymore people.  There are a few limited options when it comes to a vehicles that will fit six people and yet pull a 7,000 lb camper. It has to be at least a 3/4 ton frame.  Matt has already started looking and seeing what is out there!

We know that the camper is big enough because we purposely bought one with four bunks a couple years ago. :)

Courtney and Megan have also noticed that we will need an extra chair around the kitchen table.  Matt and I bought our kitchen table when we first got married and it only came with four wooden chairs.  When Christian came along, we just added a folding chair, so that is still there.  I told Matt that we should just get a nice, new set with six matching chairs! Honestly, we have traded out the table too, so we have a table, 4 chairs that don't match the table, plus a folding chair! But honestly, do I want a nice, new table where we have school everyday and do art projects all the time?? probably not...

I am glad the kids are excited for this upcoming baby. We are due on the 8th of November and Megan has even said she doesn't care if we have the baby on her birthday, which is the 10th.  I said I don't really want that to happen, but it just might. I am planning on going more overdue than just two days!! Maybe we will hit Matt's birthday, which is the 20th. But honestly, I don't think my midwife will let me go twelve days overdue, so I am guessing about the 14th-15th on this one! Megan was fourteen days overdue, Courtney was eight days over, and Christian was six days over, maybe it will be even less this time! I can only hope!!

No comments:

Post a Comment