Friday, May 8, 2015

Friday and the playroom mess!

We have been hitting the school books hard this week! Our outside activities have slowed down a little bit, so I am trying to play catch up.  I LOVE our new A and B day schedule and it seems like the girls do too. It has let them know exactly what we do each day and what I expect to be done, it also let's me only plan what I need to teach for the next day. And the extra time with Christian has been nice too. He only wants to play trains or cars, but he's four and if that's what he wants to do together, then it is just fine with me! I ask him everyday if he wants to work on his letters or read a book and the answer is always no. (This is why I don't think he would be ready to go to kindergarten in the fall!)

I was looking at our schedule for today and I kind of wondered what to do.  Megan has two tests in Spelling and Math, so that frees up quite a bit of time today.  Our science lesson is really short, so that also frees up some time.  I thought to myself, "Do I go ahead and start on B day stuff with Courtney or do I give them the afternoon free?"  If I have time I can spend on schoolwork, I want to use it! But then I thought, wow, that playroom is a disaster! I also looked ahead at the calendar and saw that we are having a few families over next Sunday and we really don't have much time to clean that until then.  (Usually the playroom takes at least a Saturday or Sunday afternoon to get back into order.)

Guess what we are doing this afternoon instead of schoolwork? Courtney is cleaning the playroom!! She was NOT thrilled when I told her this plan last night, she was almost in tears. "Can we PLEASE do school work?? Please, please?" I said, "No, this would be a great time to get this done." Plus if I went ahead and started her "B" day work, I would need to get it ALL in or it would mess up my system. I just didn't see that happening on a Friday afternoon! 

We will do our "A" day work like planned and when we are done, we will try to find the floor of the playroom. I keep telling Courtney that if she wouldn't make it such a big mess she wouldn't have to spend so much time cleaning it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment