Friday, January 2, 2015

Vacation week!

Somebody asked me how my vacation was going and I did not answer "busy," but rather I answered "relaxing!"

I do admit though that prior to Christmas, I was very stressed and busy. I was trying to finish school up AND get ready for Christmas at the same time. Once school was over, I took a deep breath and continued my plans.  It is very hard to sneak presents around when there are three children in the house!!

With all the Christmas celebrations over, I could finally feel my stress levels going down on Monday and for those of you who have had adrenal problems, you are well aware of levels of stress! I have been sleeping better this week, my patience has been better with the kids, and my eyes have even stopped twitching! (this was a new sign of stress for me that came last week).

This week, we have slept as late as we have wanted and have really done nothing! Nothing too constructive anyway!

I did manage to get my sitting room cleaned up a little bit and had a lady over to give me an estimate for painting my upstairs. We had some friends over twice, who didn't care that my Christmas presents were not put away yet. I cleaned off some bookshelves and decided that I can start packing some homeschooling books away. I have also acquired a large pile of donations that need to go to the Open Door Mission. I went out to lunch with a friend and got some groceries. We also made a trip to the library.  Yesterday, Matt was home and we went and saw the new "Night at the Museum" movie. It is highly recommended!

We did not get the girls' rooms switched around or even started on that project! The Christmas tree is still up and I have a list of errands to do! The girls start playing basketball on Monday, so I need to go shopping and get them some shorts to play in. That may happen on Sunday. :)

We also have a big wedding tomorrow! Matt's sister is getting married and Megan is reading Bible verses (she needs to practice), Courtney is a flower girl, and Christian is a ring bearer, who does NOT want to do it! I may need to do some more convincing or bribery with him!  Matt is an usher and I am in charge of keeping the children looking nice!

We all have our clothes ready to go, except a few things need to be ironed yet, but I can do that today or tomorrow.

Again, this is not too stressful. I am anxious to get back to school Monday and get the children on a schedule again.  We have really let the chores slide this week and some things are getting out of control, like the girls' bathroom!  I have some planning to do for school, but nothing too major.  I didn't give the kids any homework from the day we were done, so we are just going to start out on new lessons on Monday. We will just pick up our reading from where we left off. 

We have 4 weeks worth of lessons left with our American History curriculum, so that will probably take about 5-6 weeks in reality.  After that we are going to start learning about the Eastern Hemisphere, so I need to start reading those books! I am anxious to teach about this part of the world, because I don't know much about it.  We'll see if my stress levels stay low when we start school up again! I sure have enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment