Saturday, January 17, 2015

Nothing done!

How can I tell we are back to school in this house?? My house is a complete mess! This is just what happens. :)

1.  My kitchen counter has not been cleaned off in two weeks. I looked at it today and noticed there are boxes of shoes from our wedding two weeks ago that have not been put away yet. I know there is a lot of mail buried, like checks from a healthcare provide because we overpaid, apparently. There are also Christmas presents still on the counter...I will get to it eventually!

2.  I have "mountains" in my laundry baskets! I usually don't do clothes until Saturday during school weeks and it's about time to do it again!

3.  I started cleaning up my bedroom and the playroom over Christmas break and now that project is at a standstill. I was sort of waiting to put Christmas presents away until we got the rooms situated. Maybe that won't happen until summer now and I should just find spots for everything until then?

4.  Dishes have been done everyday, thankfully!!

5.  The girls have also been playing basketball up at a local church. Courtney has practice on Monday nights, Megan has practice on Thursday nights, and they both have games on Saturday.  We have a game at 1 and 2 today. There goes my afternoon...

6.  We have also had small group lately on Sunday nights, so I need to get everybody fed early, which cuts into my afternoon. I do get some things done during that time though!

On the other hand, things have been done:

1. The kids are taught every day! I am up at night planning again; nothing like planning a Bible lesson right before I go to bed at night!  We have four more weeks in our current history curriculum, so then we get to start new curriculums for Megan and Courtney's language arts, science, and history.  This will take some time to get ready, but I will get there. I have a few weeks yet!

2. All the Christmas decorations are down and in the basement, not put away yet! I need some help from Matt for that!

3.  Christian has his trains in his room and he is learning to pick them up every night, so that is good!

4. We do pick up the main floor every Tuesday for piano lessons, so that is my way to not let the mess get out of control. It seems to work!

What would life be like if I didn't homeschool the children and actually was home with just Christian while the other two were in school?? It would certainly be different and my house might be a little bit cleaner!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment