Thursday, January 29, 2015

Sick Kid!!

Yesterday, I took Megan to our field trip, and things did not go so well.

We left the house and she was fine.
We stood outside the theatre for about an hour and she was fine.

We watched the first 85 minutes of the play and at intermission, Megan said she didn't feel well. I noticed that she had her legs curled up on the bench and she kept leaning her head back on the back of her chair. At intermission, she kind of teared up and said the back of her head hurt and she was a little dizzy. 

I thought she was just a little dehydrated and needed a break from the chair, so I encouraged her to get up and walk to the restroom with me.  Honestly, she didn't look too good!

We sat down to the 2nd half and kept giving her my water bottle. She kept laying back and closing her eyes. I kept nudging her to get her head up as we were in the 3rd row.  I think it was hard for her to sit through the last 70 minutes of the show!

After the show, I decided to take her out for lunch. We headed to Village Inn and had a quick lunch (where I got yelled at by a drunk man!). She insisted that she just wanted to go home, which is very unlike her.

We got home and she went right upstairs and crawled into bed! I am still thinking that she is just dehydrated and needed to rest a little bit. I had her up earlier that morning than usual to go to the play, so maybe a 20-30 minute nap would do her some good.

About 4 pm, I took the younger two kids outside and I said to Megan, "It's about time you got out of bed, you've been in there long enough!" She got her shoes and coat on and came outside, but she did not look well and was crying again. I asked her what was wrong and she said, "I just want to go back to bed!" Ok, apparently fresh air wasn't working for her!

I sent her back into the couch and took her temperature. 100.1!!! The kid is really sick!! She sat and watched TV until Matt came home. 

When he came home, we had to decide who was going to church. I took her temp again and it was 101.3, it was going up. I ended up taking the littler two kids to church and he stayed home with Megan.

When we got home from church, her temp had risen again to 101.7.

She got to bed about 10 pm and I haven't seen the whites of her eyes yet today. She is still sound asleep.

I had a very busy day planned today and as I am calling everybody, the response I am getting is that there is just a fever going around.

Hopefully she will recover quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment