Friday, June 1, 2012

Done with School!!

We are officially done with 2nd grade.

Our first homeschooling year is under our belt.

I would love to reflect on this moment.  This has been a year of transition, but I don't think I would change it for the world.  I absolutely LOVE homeschooling and I think Megan enjoys it too!  We had a very rough start, I will admit, but by about January, we seemed to get on track and get things going.  I am glad I stuck with it and had perserverance. My goal was Christmas and I made it all year.  What a joy it has been!!

We finished up her final book report this afternoon and read the last four chapters in our history book.  We had to cover the Korean and Vietnam War in our study of world history. :)  I couldn't just stop at World War I like our book wanted us to.  I still would like to show Megan and Courtney pictures of the Berlin Wall, we talked about that today too. 

Now what are we going to do?? Or I could just take a break for a little bit....

(Written two days later)
I was putting Megan's school books away today and she grabbed her history book,which is about 400 pages and 91 chapters. She didn't want me to put it on the shelf, she said, "Can I have my favorite book please??" So I gave it to her! Next thing I know, she's laying on her playroom floor reading chapter 1!! Wow, we read that chapter last August! We learned world history from creation until now in one year! What a good basis she has gotten in history! This was the book that we were supposed to stop reading at chapter 84, but she wanted to read the last 8 chapters and finish the book, so we did!  Next stop is American history for the next two years!

No comments:

Post a Comment