Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Who knew??

Yesterday I took Micah to his 18 month checkup with his pediatrician. I had quite a few lists of questions to ask her, but one of my main ones was why he had blisters all over his feet and why were some places peeling. I told her that he had hands, foot, and mouth disease a few weeks ago and she said it is all from that! She said both his feet will peel and his toenails will fall off!! What?? The virus apparently infects the nailbed and causes all this to happen about 2-3 weeks after the infection. When I got home, I checked out Christian's feet, and they are doing the same thing!  He actually has about a one inch area on his heel that he has been peeling. It's actually kind of cool to see the new skin underneath. I do not look forward to seeing his toenails fall off. I looked at Christian's hands and they are doing the same thing!

On a more encouraging note, Micah weighs 24 lbs. 10 ounces. He gained quite a bit from three months ago. He is also 31 1/2 inches tall. He has grown 10 inches since he was born.

We talked about all his crazy allergies. She said to keep taking him to the allergist and keep doing what he says. Our allergist recommended getting an epipen last week when we were there. After I called the pharmacist, I found out that they are $300!! I know it can save his life, but still! Honestly, I am not so concerned about him. I can easily keep him away from kiwi! She gave me a few suggestions about how to get one cheaper.

I also told her that he tells us when he is going to the bathroom. I have had a few people tell me he is too young to potty train, but I have also heard of other boys being trained at 18 months. I am in no hurry, but if he is ready, I could at least try, right?? That is exactly what she said. She recommended just getting the potty chair out and introducing him to it. Just see what he does. I think that sounds like a plan.

At the end of the appointment, he got two shots. I don't want to do any more than that! He didn't seem to have any reactions.

I don't take him back again until his 2 year checkup!



No comments:

Post a Comment