Sunday, May 21, 2017

New York City again??

Matt and I are planning another great big road trip for our family this summer. He will be done with his current contract at the end of June and then he is taking six weeks off of work!!! He and I both think this will be another perfect opportunity to hit the road and explore our great country again!

When we started talking about where to go, we had a few ideas. We had already made some vacation plans with some friends from Illinois to head into Michigan in July, so we needed to decide where to go when we were done with them.  After looking at the map many, many times and talking about places to go on from there, Matt and I finally decided that we would take the family and head into CANADA!! Neither one of us has ever been there before!  We then decided that we would come back into the United States up by New Hampshire and Vermont. Again, we have never been to those states before!

After getting this figured out, I asked him if we could stop by New York City on the way home. We were there four years ago and I loved it!! At that time, he told me he would never take me back there. He really despises big cities! When I asked him about taking me back the other day, he said, "Well, maybe just for 1-2 days, but that is it!" I about fell out of my chair. I could hardly believe he said he would go back there!

Tonight when we were talking to my friends, he said, "I will go back to New York City for 2-3 days and that is it!"  Wow! We are up to three days now!! I will take it!!

We also plan on stopping in Washington DC again for awhile. There were so many things we missed four years ago! I would love to see things over again. Plus with the kids being so much older, I think they will appreciate things at a better level.

Now I thought we were crazy taking a 3 year old on a long road trip in 2013, now we will be taking a 20 month old!!! I think he will be spending a majority of his time in the front carrier!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment