Saturday, May 6, 2017

Braces!!

It actually happened. I got braces yesterday! And wow, am I sore today!  It actually brings back memories of when I had braces about 25 years ago. (I think I was in 8th or 9th grade?) I remember now that the brackets and wires rub on your cheeks a lot and wax is awesome. It is all coming back to me!  The orthodontist said it takes a little bit to build up callouses on your cheeks and actually advised me to not use wax too much because this would just delay the process. He did advise me to take advil. :)

Things really started hurting last night. Last night for bedtime. Christian asked me to read a Magic School bus book to him. If you don't know, these books are long! About half way through, I could really feel the wires digging into my cheeks and starting to hurt. I finished out the book and then tried not to talk the rest of the night.

In addition to being sore, I cannot eat much.  It has been an oatmeal and mashed potato kind of day. At this moment, I am actually hungry, but don't really know what I should eat at 9:30 at night.

In addition to not being able to eat much, we are also out of milk and butter, which a lot of "soft" foods are made out of.  Breakfast tomorrow might be interesting! Especially since we have to get up early and get to church by 8:45 am!


No comments:

Post a Comment