Sunday, March 19, 2017

Why I am still up at 10:45 pm??

I don't like to be up this late. But why am I? MICAH!!

He had a late nap today and he slept for over an hour, so that usually means that he won't be as tired as usual when it comes to about 8 pm. This is when he has been going to bed in the past.

Tonight, we hit about 8:20 and he was asking to nurse. I assumed he was ready to go to bed. I changed his clothes and we settled down to nurse and go to sleep. But did he go to sleep?? NOPE!!

He sat up when he was done, and he was wide awake! We rocked awhile, we read some books, and we checked email and Facebook. About 9:30, he gave me the "milk" sign again. I have a rule that I really TRY to enforce, but sometimes I don't. My rule is that once I have nursed you, I don't want to nurse you again for at least three hours. If you didn't go to sleep while you were nursing, you need to figure out another way to go to sleep. (I don't usually follow this rule if it is 3 am!!)

He was signing "milk" to me and I just kept shaking my head no. He wasn't quite getting it. Finally I said, "All done" and he threw his head onto the side of the chair and had a fit. Obviously he figured out I wasn't going to nurse him again! I told him we could get a drink and he went along with that.

But between drinks, he continued to have a fit. The poor boy is obviously tired now and doesn't know how to go to sleep without nursing. He has done it though, so I know he can!  I was looking up YouTube videos for school and he eventually fell asleep in my arms at about 10:15! I am sure the kids upstairs heard him screaming, but he is going to quit nursing eventually and needs to be able to go to sleep without nursing.

I say tonight was a lesson on what was to come! Honestly, I just about put him in his bed to see what he would do!

(After I get Micah to bed, I usually stay up a little bit longer just to have a few minutes to myself. It is usually when I get school stuff ready for the next day. Hence, why I am still up at 10:45!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment