Wednesday, March 15, 2017

New basketball teams

I have been waiting for awhile now to get information about the YMCA team that Courtney and Christian will be playing on for the next eight weeks.  Practices were supposed to start this week, so I was getting nervous last weekend. I even called the YMCA a couple of times to ask and they told me to keep waiting.

Finally, earlier this week,I got an email from Courtney's coach.  He told me that practices were on FRIDAY night from 8:30-9:30 PM!!! What??? Who has practice that late on a Friday night?

Apparently, there are only so many gyms around this area that the Y can use for practice and this certain gym was open at that time.  Her coach must have also been the last one at the coach's meeting because once I asked him about why they were so late, he responded with, "It was the last spot open on the piece of paper." GREAT!!!

As for Christian, I still haven't heard from his coach. There is a YMCA website I can get on and check things out, and I was able to find his time and he has a lady coach, which will be interesting with a bunch of 1st grade boys!!! I am sure it is a mom of one of the kids.  I am assuming that team will not be practicing this week since I haven't heard from anyone! I would sure like to know their crazy practice time.

As for games, Courtney's coach said all her games were on Saturday morning (practice late Friday nigh and games Saturday morning). I have no idea where or when though. They use a lot of school gyms around this area, so Courtney's games could be at one school and Christian's at another!

This could really get interesting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment