Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Potty training??

Lately, we have been working on the sign for "diaper change" at our house. Not because I want to potty train him, but I want to tell him what we are doing.  Well, he has figured this out!! If the little guy is going #2 or passing gas, he signs me "diaper change." We all chuckle because we think it is cute. :) 

Today, we just got home from the homeschool learning center and I had put the diaper bag down on the floor. He went over to it and got out a diaper and the changing pad. He laid the changing pad out on the floor and put the diaper beside it. He then proceeded to look at me and sign "diaper change." I asked, "Do you need your diaper changed??" He just kept signing it to me.

I laid him down and sure enough, he had recently wet his diaper! Smart kid!! (or maybe just a coincidence?)

Half of me thinks he is way too young to potty train, but the other half of me says I should get out the potty chair and see what he does. He is almost 17 months and sometimes kids are 18 months when they are potty trained.  I am definitely not going to push it!

But I think it is awesome that he can tell me when he needs a fresh diaper, at least every once in awhile. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment