Monday, June 15, 2015

We are Back!!

We are back from another fun-filled camping trip! This one led us to Ottawa, Illinois to visit some friends that we haven't seen since last September! It was very nice! We even spent a day in Chicago, which was an added bonus.

But now we are home and things need to get back to normal.  The kids (plus a neighbor boy) helped unpack the camper last night, so that was done with the first two hours that we were home. Most of the things got put away right away, but some are still on the counter or on the kitchen floor. 

I also had to get laundry going. I did some while we were at our friend's house last Wednesday, but we still have the last five days worth of clothes to wash.  Before we left  a week ago, Matt turned the water off to my washer, just in case it would flood, but he did not tell me he did this. Last night when I went to do laundry, I could not figure out why my washer was not working! Today, I tried a couple more times and finally realized that the clothes were not even getting wet.  I texted Matt at work and asked if he shut the water off and sure enough, he said he did! GRRR! I turned the valve back on and we were in business! I wish I would have known that sooner!

We also had to make a trip to the store today to restock on a few groceries plus a new white board for school! Our poor white board that we use for school finally bit the dust! We were pretty sad when it broke, Megan even said, "Do you know how much we have learned on this white board?" Yes, Megan, I do!!! We will start with our new white board tomorrow!

We also need to get Megan some new goggles. Her current ones are irritating the area below her eye and the longer she swims, the redder it gets.  I found out today from my chiropractor, whose brother is an optometrist, that the pressure from her goggles plus the chlorine is causing the problem. So now we hunt for some new goggles. We saw some at Wal.Mart today, but I think we really need to get some speedo goggles.

I also had to check in with my doctor today.  The day that we left, I found out that I am anemic and need to be on a B supplement.  I am not short of iron, but rather hemoglobin.  I went in today and talked to her for awhile and figured out what I am going to do.  We also talked about how great I feel with this pregnancy and how things are just going well. :)  We have our 20 week ultrasound on Friday and should be able to find out what we are having!!

We are back to the gym tomorrow for tennis lessons and water aerobics.  The weather is supposed to be warm all week, so we might be swimming quite a bit.  Hopefully we can fit a math lesson or two in our week too! (Megan only has 38 more to go!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment