Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Gym Membership

I decided to join a local gym this summer for myself and the three kids. I have joined gyms in the past and I have been at different ones, but I decided to go back to this certain one this summer.  They have great kids programming and great classes for adults. :)  It is also relatively close and we know quite a few people who are members there.

A couple of weeks ago, I had to sign the kids up for the classes they wanted to take this summer.  The gym offers little classes (playdoh time, craft time, rock wall, etc.) for the kids during the childcare time, but they also offer other classes that are a little bit extra.  I decided that all three kids were going to take swimming lessons and I would like it if they found another class to take.  There were plenty to chose from and we don't mind paying a little bit for a quality class.  Megan got word that her best friend was taking tennis, so she decided to take tennis too! She has never played it before, but I think it will be a good experience for her!  Courtney couldn't decide on a class, but eventually ended up with jazz and hop-hop.  There weren't many for Christian, but Matt and I decided that gymnastics would be good for him!

The kids start their new classes this week. Today was the first day of tennis for Megan and she LOVED it! We went a little bit early so I could take a water aerobics class and Megan could startennis about 45 minutes later.  The other two children went to childcare.  Courtney did not have so much fun, but we can put her in a different area next time.  Christian had a blast! There was a train table and legos in his room!

Tomorrow we start swimming lessons, so hopefully that will go well too! Christian is starting in level 1 and he is convinced that he does NOT need to take lessons because he already knows how to swim! He thinks that he is swimming when he has his life jacket on! Courtney will be in level 4 with a friend and Megan will be in level 5 by herself.  Her friend is in level 6!

Christian will start his gymnastics and Courtney will start her dance class on Thursday nights. Courtney does not like to take classes by herself, but I think this will be good for her.  Christian does not want to take gymnastics either, but again, once he gets there and participates, I think he will like it.

On top of these classes, I plan on doing as many water aerobic classes as I can. I would also like to do yoga. I like the easy classes. :)  I did water aerobics this morning and I am sore this afternoon! A good sore, of course! It's good for me (and the baby!). :)

The kids want to go back this afternoon and go swimming with our neighbors (who are also members there.)  I told them we need to get schoolwork done first and then we will see! We will probably be spending many hours there this summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment