Friday, October 11, 2013

Zoo afternoon!

On Thursday, some homeschooling friends asked us if we wanted to go to the zoo Friday afternoon.  There is a dinosaur exhibit there that has always cost too much to get in, but this weekend, it was going to be $1!  I haven't ever gone through the exhibit because I didn't want to pay the extra cost, but I would definitely pay $1!

We got up this morning and worked hard at school for three hours. The kids really wanted to go and I told them we had to get our work done first! I was kind of hoping to work all day, but seriously, who can resist such a beautiful day??? And to spend it at the zoo with friends??

About 12:45, we took off for the zoo and had a great time there.  There were actually three families that went- 3 moms and 10 kids!

We saw the dinosaurs, which Christian did not like, plus the sea lions, the aquarium, monkeys, gorillas, and the cats. I love having a zoo pass and knowing that I can always come back another day to see other animals!

We have also been studying animals this week in science, so we used some of our knowledge at the zoo today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment