Friday, October 4, 2013

What is happening in Washington DC??

What is going on in DC right now??  I can't believe we were just there and now everything is going haywire!

1.  Government shutdown- How crazy is this!! I cannot believe they shut down everything! But the government is actually hiring police officers and renting barricades to shut down the memorials? Seriously?? They are in open parks!  I loved that the veterans broke through the barricades at the WWII memorial!!!

2.  The shooting yesterday-  I can't believe there was a shooting right by the capital! I know exactly where that happened! We were at the White House and probably saw the gates that the lady tried to ram through and then she sped down Pennsylvania Ave and tried to get through to the capitol.  By the map they showed last night, it looks like it was right by the Library of Congress. Yep, there too.

3.  A guy set himself on fire today at the national mall? What? Did I see that correctly? The national mall is one of the most popular places in DC! This is a huge grassy area between all the Smithsonian museums.  If you are on this mall, you get a great pictures of the US capital. I can't tell you how much time we spent walking near the mall.  

Don't forget about the navy yard shooting that happened right before we got there!

Wow, were we there at just the right time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment