Monday, July 22, 2013

That didn't take long!

All last week, Courtney was a little fort-builder around here. I don't mind at all, but she had the walkway between the couch and the steps used plus she had the entry way taken up by Christian's tent. We also had toys ALL OVER the living room and piano room floor. Obviously, things had gotten out of control at our house!

Sunday, we made her take ALL of her fort down and pick ALL the toys up! Along with Megan, it took at least an hour or so before we could see some floor in that part of the house again.  It took much longer until it was all clean!

I told her I wanted it clean for at least one hour.

One hour later, she started up a new tent in the piano room. 

Seriously, she used up almost the entire floor, every dining room chair, lots and lots of blankets, and her new fort was done by 7 pm last night.

You've got to be kidding me!!!

(Now, I really don't care that they build forts, I think it is great to use their creativity and she does use her creativity! But when they get in the way, then it is time to take them down. For instance, tomorrow I have piano lessons, so either we will take down some of the tent that is hanging off the piano or we will have to take it all down. I'm sure I know which option she will choose!)

No comments:

Post a Comment