Friday, July 12, 2013

Interesting article about homeschooling

As I plan on starting school next Tuesday, I was intrigued by this article I saw on Facebook this morning.  The title was, "Never Planned to Homeschool" and of course, I read it because I NEVER PLANNED TO HOMESCHOOL either!!

I was actually telling my story to a mom the other day at the park who was deliberating whether to homeschool or not and I remember telling her, "My husband actually brought up the subject of homeschooling before our oldest daughter went to kindergarten and I said no way, no how, never, ever, ever! But look at me now, I have turned completely around and we love it...plus I don't think we will get my kids back to public school!"

Here is a link to the article:
http://www.1plus1plus1equals1.net/2013/07/never-planned-to-homeschool/

I coped a section of her article out because this is what I want to say to everybody!  I love having friends that attend public and private school and I agree 100% that what works for one may not work for the other. It is the right thing to do for our family right now.

"When I am asked for advice, I tell my friends that they must seek the will of the Lord for their family.  What works for one may not work for another.  I have no problem with public, private, hybrid or any other educational model.  Just because I homeschool {and use a cyber school} doesn’t mean I believe it is the only correct choice.  It is right for our family.  Praying and seeking as a family is deeply important."

No comments:

Post a Comment