Saturday, July 13, 2013

"New" Items at the Grocery Store

In my never-ending quest to pay attention to all our different food intolerances around here, I am always on the lookout for something new.  Apparently my girls have been picking up on this. While we were at the grocery store yesterday, they decided they wanted to try some new things.  We brought home blackberries, a cucumber, a red pepper, and a sweet potato.  I have never bought any of these before!

The funny thing is that anything they saw that was new, they wanted me to buy.  I told them we will try these things first and then buy more "new" items next time.

We tried the blackberries at lunch, they were not a huge hit, but I later made "berry ice cream" with them. Now that was good! (I put milk, strawberries, blackberries, some vanilla, and Stevia in the blender, mixed it all together, then put it in my ice cream machine.)

We cut the cucumber up at supper tonight and I had to make Megan stop eating them- she loved it!

Maybe tomorrow I will make the sweet potato.  The last time I bought sweet potatoes was when I made them into baby food.  How long has that been??

We also have to eat that red pepper. Megan saw a friend of ours eating one about a week ago and she is anxious try it. 

My children are almost more eager to try things than I am!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment