Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Shopping today

Aside from buying Courtney's penguin picture today and Megan's horse picture, we ended up at Walmart for groceries. If you were wondering, I was going to post Megan's picture on Facebook too, but as it was downloading, I dropped my phone and it came apart. The pictures aren't even on my phone anymore. :(

Anyway, we had two people comment on us today.

1.  I was making the girls get some canned fruit off the shelves and I was trying to make sure they knew which ones I wanted (Great value brand, sugar free).  As another lady walked by, she said, "You're a good mom." Well, thanks!

2.  We were going down the bread aisle and there was an employee restocking shelves. He looked at us and said, "No school today or is it out for the summer already?"
I responded with, "We homeschool."
He responded after he thought about it for a little bit, "That's the way to go these days!"
I said back, "Yes, my children are learning much more at the store today than they would sitting in a classroom for 8 hours." He just smiled and off I went.

They were very cooperative this morning, they helped whenever I asked and didn't give me any trouble! They often fought over who was going to help me do something!  When we got home, they helped me unload the car too. Unfortunately, the groceries are still in sacks because I wanted to feed them lunch and let them play awhile.

We also talked a lot about prices, ounces, and making sure we were getting the best deals.  I'm so thankful I can teach them these skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment