Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Randon Stories about my Children

1.  Now that we have decided we are going to homeschool both girls next year and Courtney is done with preschool, she picked up her backpack the other day and said to me, "Now what am I going to do with my backpack since I'm NOT going to public school??" (With a note of sarcasm! She keeps telling me she wants to go to public school next year.)

2.  Christian has been picking up things during Courtney's reading lessons. Every time he sees a word or some letters, he says "B?"

3.  The other day, I took the three kids to a park to play for the morning. We met up with some fellow homeschoolers and we stayed for over 2 hours! When I told Courtney it was time to go, she said that she couldn't find her other flip-flop. Her friend had buried it in the sand and she didn't know where it was.  I said, "Really?" So I went over the playground where she said it was supposed to be and looked around, but I didn't find it. I told her that we really needed to get going and that daddy and her could come back that evening and look for it some more. She wasn't upset, but she was a little disappointed to be going home with just one shoe.

That evening, we all went back to the park to look for her pink flip-flop and we didn't find it.  If you are ever at the park at 192nd and Dodge and find a pink flip flop in the sand, it is probably Courtney's!

4.  Megan is totally addicted to the Boxcar Children books. She reads 2-3 a day sometimes! The library has 3 shelves of them, so today we took back about 10 and checked another 15 out! She is such an avid reader!

5. Speaking of reading, Courtney is starting to read books on her own. She knows over 30 words by sight now and is working on about another 30.  She is doing awesome! I have the 1st grade language arts/ reading curriculum upstairs which she will be more than ready for in the fall! She tells people that she is going to be in the 1st grade next year (even though she's not!).

6.  Courtney also has this saying lately. "I don't want to talk about it." Whenever she does something wrong or something she is embarresed about, she "doesn't want to talk about it." It's cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment