Thursday, April 19, 2012

Thursday

1. How come it is sooo quiet here when I turn a movie on? Courtney has a little stomach ache, so I let her watch a movie. All three children are watching it and it so quiet. I'm used to talking with them all the time and having them around me. This is kind of wierd- plus we don't usually have the TV on during the let day.

2. It just doesn't seem right that we have school for Megan done by noon. It's right, but so wierd. We finished her read-aloud this morning called "The Little Riders." It takes place in WWII Holland, so I got to use some of my history knowledge. There was a movie made about the story, so I am hoping to get ahold of that to watch it sometime soon.

3. Usually in the afternoons, we do Bible with the two girls and then I work with Courtney for awhile. If she's sick and on the couch, that won't be happening. I was going to combine Thursday's and Friday's lesson and do it on one day anyway, so why can't I move it from today to tomorrow?? We are going to read the last 3 chapters of Esther.

4. I have talked to a couple of moms lately that do not want to send their kids to public school, but also think that they can't homeschool. When I run into these moms, I just want to say, "Yes you can! Anybody can homeschool!" Our culture just says we need to send our kids off to school somewhere, but no, you don't have to. You can continue to school them and raise them right in your own home! I have become very pro-homeschooling this last year (but I totally support you if you send your children to public/ private school.)
I talked to a mom yesterday who told me about a private school they are thinking about sending thier daughter to in the fall for kindergarten. She told me there are about 10 kids in K-6 and about 10 kids in 7-12. She said it was like these teachers are homeschooling the students. My thought is ,"Why not do it yourself?"

5. Where is the sun today??

6. We had our last class at the homeschool learning center yesterday and we had our pizza party for AWANA last night. I can't believe both of these programs are coming to an end. What will I do on Wednesdays now?? We have AWANA awards on Sunday and a picnic for participants in the homeschool learning center next Wednesday, then we will be officially done.

No comments:

Post a Comment