Friday, March 16, 2012

Too busy!

You know you have too busy during the week when:

1. It is Friday and even though you have 4 day lesson plans, you have an entire days worth of lessons to do yet on Friday afternoon.
2. Groceries, that you got on Monday, are still sitting on the counter and need to be put away.
3. The girls are out of underwear! oh wait, am I behind on laundry? They can just do what my dad always told me to do- put them on inside out! (Hi Dad!)
4. Even though you pulled the containers of clothes out of the attic to see what you have for this abrupt 80 degree weater, the clothes are still in a big pile on your bedroom floor. The girls have been going through them, so it's quite a mess.
5. After buying the kids new sandals on Wednesday and then they took them out of the boxes and sacks immediately after you got home, the sacks and boxes are still laying on the floor where they left them. In the middle of the piano room floor.
6. Every inch of kitchen counters is covered with something! and the island is about a foot high!
7. Something is beginning to smell in the kitchen sink.
8. My grandma has been in the hospital since Tuesday and I haven't found time to call her.
9. My grandpa had surgery on Tuesday and I haven't found time to get a card in the mail.
10. If I don't clean up the kitchen floor soon, we'll have every inch of that covered too! As I sit at my computer desk here, I see 7 pairs of shoes, a paper plate, an easter basket, a magazine, a berenstein Bears book, an empty ice cream cone box, an empty craft box from Sunday, some little people toys, a straw, a dump truck, a jacket, a blanket, and some matchbox cars. really, this is not my mess!!
11. Toilet paper that I bought about two weeks ago is still sitting by the back door- why don't I just put that away?
12. Contacts- oh yes, I was supposed to order new ones about a month ago, haven't gotten there yet!
13. There is a play this weekend at the Rose theatre that we can get free tickets for- maybe I should give them a call and reserve some.
14. The suitcases that we took to Des Moines last week are still out and sitting in the hallway.
15. Bills, Bills, Bills! I wonder if we're past due on some of them. I should dig them out from under the pile!
16. We made some cool treasure map craft projects on Monday- they are still on the counter and need to be finished. Wait, I think they are buried under dirty dishes!

Eventually I will get caught up on the housework and everything else. Someday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment