Sunday, March 25, 2012

Still cleaning

Wow, after cleaning from 9-11 am and then again from 1-7 yesterday, the girls are STILL cleaning the playroom today. They started about 1:30 and we are going on 3:30 with still work to be done.

Matt and I made a deal with them.

If you get done by 6 pm, we will go to CiCi's Pizza for dinner. If you get done by 6 pm AND you have a good attitude, we will stop and get ice cream afterwards.

If they were done by 4 pm, Matt said he would take them on a ferris wheel ride at Scheel's.
I don't think we are going to make that one.

I have been helping them on and off (such as taking my hand and pushing everything off the table onto the floor, pulling everything out from underneath the dresser and making a pile in the middle of the floor, going through containers/ toy boxes and pulling everything out that doesn't belong in there). I am always surprised at what I find. I think we are up to 5 pairs of underwear, at least 4 odd socks, candy, rice krispy bars (packaged), a game I was looking for, colors in the barbie box, scraps of paper EVERYWHERE, plus beads all over because we had a friend over to play one time and she threw about 3 handfuls of beads all over the room. I have just started vaccuuming those up!!

I am also finding things that I knew were just on the floor, and now they are put away in the wrong spot! UGH!!! This is how it got to be such a mess in the first place! Colors go with the colors, markers go with other markers, scissors with other scissors, don't mess them up! This is where my OCD kicks in! Barbie clothes do not go in the polly pocket box or vice versa. We also do not need to keep every single picture that you have ever drawn. We will keep the special ones.

I am just amazed and most of it is honestly Courtney's doing!! I love her dearly, but she is definitely our messmaker!!

Why can't this just be done and we can go outside and play??

No comments:

Post a Comment