Saturday, March 24, 2012

Eager to Learn

After lunch today, Courtney said to me, "Mom, let's practice my reading, math, and will you please teach me how a seed grows?"

This is on a Saturday!!

So, I got out a science book and showed her how a seed grows. Then we did about 6 pages in one of her preschool workbooks and drew some pictures in her notebook. She wanted to keep on coloring, but I insisted that they go clean their playroom.

She wasn't too eager to work on reading or writing today, but I'm ok with it. We're working on other things, but I do want to get back to reading and writing on Monday!

PS Courtney has been joining us for Bible time for a couple of weeks now and this last week, she listened to our read-aloud book. I purposely waited for her to get home from preschool on Friday to do these two subjects! She always wants to see what Megan is doing in math too and then she wants to do the same thing, so I have made up some simple problems for her and she is doing great!

I love homeschooling!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment