Friday, March 9, 2012

Water Park Stories

1. I really wish I would've caught this on camera, but every time Courtney came down the water slide by herself, she would holler (all the way down), "Daddy, catch me. Daddy Catch me, daddy catch me, dadddddyyyyyyy, daddy catch meeeee" until we heard her come around the last curve and her eyes would bug out to make sure daddy was there!

Since there were two slides and we never knew which one she was coming down, Matt would stand in the middle of the two until the last moment when he would go to one or the other, reach out his arms, and catch Courtney so she wouldn't go under. It was a great matter of trust on Courtney's part!

One time he kind of missed her, so that is why she hollered every time down the slides!

He was known for letting two certain children go underwater on this trip. I swear one of them was going to drown! Christian went under about 3 times in one foot water and one time when Matst brought him down the water slides, he got going too fast and had to pull Christian under with him when they got to the bottom. Christian was not too happy about that! I wasn't either! But everybody survived, so it was all good in the end!


2. One night, we didn't get back to the hotel until about 7:45 from supper and we had promised we would take the girls swimming. I mentioned to Matt that maybe I should just stay home and put Christian to bed, he had about a 15 minute nap that day and was looking tired. I think Christian heard about this plan because he went over to his water toys, grabbed a scoop, and brought it over to me saying, "wawa?" which means "water" in Christian language.

I asked him, "Do you want to go swimming?" He replied, "Uh-huh!" with a super-excited look on his face! Ok, fine! We're on vacation! So we all went swimming for about 45 minutes, I'm glad I took him though. I think he is going to have a blast this summer at the swimming pool!

No comments:

Post a Comment