Monday, December 4, 2017

Follow the Rules!!!

Awhile back, I mentioned that we have ONE main rule here when it comes to throwing up. That rules is stay off the carpet!!! Seriously!! You can throw up in your bed, in a trash can, on the tile floor, in the toilet (best place!!), but anywhere but the carpet.

Guess what happened last night?? Christian broke the rule. :(

We had no idea he was sick. Matt had just put him to bed, and I just got Micah down. It was almost 10 pm, and everybody needed to get to bed.  I walked into Christian's room and said good night to him and then walked into the girls' room and said good night to them. While I was standing there talking to Courtney, I heard Christian gagging and throwing up! I ran out the door, and he was standing outside the girls' room and holding puke in his hand! I said, "In the trash can!" which was right there in the hallway. He got some in there, but then I looked back towards his room. Seriously, he had trailed it from his doorway all the way to the girls' doorway. Did he forget the rule?? Don't puke on the carpet!!!!

I yelled at Matt and he came running with a container. I said, "Too late, look!" He actually got kind of mad! Christian said he was trying to run to the bathroom. Matt said, "No, stop, just puke in one place!!" 

While this was all going on, Micah woke up screaming! And the girls weren't asleep yet, so here all six of us are still wide awake. I have one screaming kid, one sick kid, one mad husband, one girl who is absolutely disgusted by it all, Megan, and myself. 

Courtney ran downstairs to get away from it right away, and I sent Christian into the bathroom to stay put!

Matt and I had a mess to clean up. :(  He went downstairs to get the spot bot (a little vacuum cleaner that is AWESOME for this), but as he went down the stairs, he noticed that there was throw up on the stairs! Matt started cleaning that up first while I started on the hallway.

Two hours later, the floor was clean. Megan had rocked Micah back to sleep, and we all ended up turning a movie on while Matt continued to vacuum upstairs.

When it was done, we were heading back upstairs to go to bed, and we noticed the wall along the stairs. It had splatterings all over it too! What in the world?? More disinfectant wipes!!

It was about midnight when we got everybody situated back in bed. Courtney stayed downstairs and watched a movie because she couldn't sleep. She does not like germs or puke or anything (really, who does??)

I didn't hear Christian get up during the night, so I am assuming he is feeling better.

I am letting the kids sleep in a little bit this morning, but I do need to get them up sometime.

Hopefully this will be the last of this for awhile! And yes, Christian got a lecture on what to do if you feel sick. First of all, you tell your parents that you don't feel well so they can get you a bucket!!!! Second of all, don't get it on the carpet!!!

(That section of hallway is probably the cleanest section in the house right now!)

No comments:

Post a Comment