Thursday, December 21, 2017

Why does he need so little sleep??

Why does my two year old need less sleep than the rest of us?? Seriously!!

I wake this boy up at 7:15 am every morning. If we are home all day, he usually does not take a nap.  Sometimes if this is the case, he is tired enough and is in bed by 8 pm. But lately, he has not been in bed until at least 9:30-10 pm!!  Like today, we were home all day and he did not take a nap.  I just got him in bed at 9:45 pm!!

It is funny because I wake the older three kids up at 7:30 pm and Courtney and Christian are already  asleep at night before Micah goes to sleep. He is two; they are 7 and 11! How do they need more sleep than he does??

Last week, Matt and I concluded that if he had any nap at all, he was up later.  The nap could be five minutes or it could be 90 minutes, it didn't matter. We were up until 10:30-11 pm a couple times last week. ("We" as in Micah and I. Matt puts the older three kids to be and then goes to bed himself. He gets up at 5:30 am every morning.)

My older three kids always took a nap in the middle of the afternoon. Megan would take three hour naps! It is so weird when I am talking to moms of other toddlers and they talk about them taking a nap. I forgot what it is like to have to stay home in the afternoon and base the daily schedule around nap time. I love my freedom during the day, but how I wished Micah would nap!! (not really, because then we would be up until midnight!)

It would be nice to have a break too. Right now, I need to keep a close eye on him because he climbs everything, pulls kitchen utensils out of drawers, pulls everything out of our game closet,  pushes keys on the keyboard of our computer, gets out markers, etc.  And we can't forget all the fighting Micah and Christian do. It would be a nice break from keeping an eye on him 24/7/! My first break from him is usually at 10 PM, and by that time, I just want to go to bed myself!


No comments:

Post a Comment