Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Six Flags

One of the things we did at the beginning of our trip was go to Six Flags Amusement Park outside of Chicago. We have friends that live near Chicago who wanted to go and we were able to get Courtney and Christian's tickets free, so we went!!

We have not been to an amusement park in a few years, but the kids LOVED the rides. My friend also has older daughters (13 and 15), so we sent the three older girls off by themselves with a cell phone. They got to go ride all the roller coasters they wanted and didn't have to wait for us to take the little kids on the kiddie rides. With that being said, I didn't see Megan much of the day! Let alone get pictures of her on the rides.

Courtney and her friend stuck around with Matt most of the day and my friend and I kept track of whoever was left, such as Micah, Christian, and her son. We caught up with each other throughout the day, but kind of went where the kids wanted to go.

Here are some fun pictures.

We were there when the doors opened at 10 am. Yes, matching shirts were a must! (I had one too, but couldn't find it at the time.) $25 for parking!! Crazy!!

The official picture with our friends in front of the carousel at Six Flags Great America outside of Chicago.

Micah's first ride- He was scared out of his mind and grabbed me right away when the ride started moving. I thought it was hilarious!

Pizza, french friends, and pop were consumed for both meals that day. It was really the cheapest way to feed our family.

This is me standing in line for the raft ride on the ranging river. This was one of two rides that I went on that day! I went on a couple kiddie rides with Micah, but those don't count! :)

Megan kind of giddy! She got stuck at the top of a roller coaster and they gave her a fast pass for her patience. She didn't end up using it and brought it home for a souvenir!

Jennifer, Christian, and Erich on a little roller coaster. I was on the side watching Micah.

A ride that Micah enjoyed!!

Selfie on the train! My ride #2 of the day.

About 9 pm, they had a dance party at the main square of the park. We danced for a long time while waiting for everybody to finish their rides. Micah loved it!!

The park closed at 10 pm, but poor Micah couldn't last that long. He was so hot and sweaty, but needed to go to sleep. I put his pajamas on and put him in the front carrier and out he went!

Our last picture before exiting the park. Megan and the older girls ran off to get one last ride on the carousel (without telling us where they were going), so here we are waiting for them. It was time to go home!!

What a fun day!! Maybe next year I will get to ride a FEW more rides!!

As a side note, that night it rained and rained and rained and we were in a flood warning. They actually closed Six Flags the next day because of all the flooding. I am glad we went when we did!!

No comments:

Post a Comment