Friday, August 18, 2017

Lincoln Memorial

I have never-ending Internet here at home, so now I can post pictures. :)

Matt posted some along the trip, so I thought I would post some from Washington, DC. This was our last big city. Unfortunately, we are missing five days worth of pictures and our first day in DC was one of those days. :(    We do have the pictures from the day we toured the monuments. This was probably my favorite time in DC. I love history and I loved talking about each individual person as we visited their monument. I think my favorite monument in DC in the Lincoln Memorial. It is such an amazing monument to a man who did so much for our country. I have such a better understanding and appreciation of Abraham Lincoln after studying him in American history a couple of years ago. It is a place that I could sit all day! The views are amazing and I love to sit there and think of history that happened there, such as the March on Washington.

View from the World War II Memorial (which is almost amazing!!)

 Walking along the reflecting pool to the Memorial (Matt, Christian, and Megan on the right)

Megan with the Washington Monument in the background

Lincoln and the Ruwe family

Reading the Gettysburg Address, which is on the wall. It is amazing to read this after visiting Gettysburg a few years ago. I loved that we took time to read this and talked to our kids about that time in history.


Christian wanted his picture taken! Whenever I wanted somebody in a picture, he always volunteered!

I had to get in a few pictures too. :)

Selfie time!! Did everyone make the picture? I think so!!

The family with the reflecting pool and Washington Monument in the background.

Leaving Lincoln Memorial. We decided to let Micah walk a little bit. It didn't last long!!


No comments:

Post a Comment