Thursday, April 14, 2016

Makeup?

Somehow we got on the discussion of makeup at the lunch table today.  Megan asked me when girls usually start wearing makeup and I had to think a little bit! My first thought was high school, but then I backed down to junior high. I told her that if she was at a middle school right now, most of the girls there would probably be wearing makeup.  We had a short discussion about how makeup makes you look prettier and sometimes you won't see certain people without their make up on. 

I told the girls that it is certainly ok to wear makeup for special occasions, such as a dance, going out, etc. but I don't really see a need to wear make up on a daily basis, especially at home. I told them they are both beautiful girls without makeup! Courtney then chimed in and said, "If you wear makeup all the time, then you are hiding your face. Didn't God make us beautiful already? Should we need to wear makeup to cover up what He made??" Exactly Courtney!! God already made you beautiful, let's just keep it that way!!



No comments:

Post a Comment