Friday, April 22, 2016

Another sleeping post. :)

I want to write these down, so somebody I can remember how little of sleep I was getting at this point in Micah's life!

Yesterday was rough. I got to sleep about 10 the night before and heard Micah around 11:20. After 3 1/2 hours, he finally went back to sleep at 2:40 and I got back to sleep about 3:15. I then heard him again at 6:45 am. I did not get much sleep! Honestly, I put steroids on his skin right before he went to bed, so I wonder if that kept him up.

Last night, he fell asleep on my lap about 7:30 pm and I got him in bed shortly thereafter. He woke up about 9, which is fine! I got him out of bed, changed his diaper, and fed him. I did get him back to sleep and I put him back in bed, but he had different ideas! He woke up almost right away. I told him, "You can either go back to sleep OR get up and be happy." He decided to wake up for awhile. It was about 9:30. We went and played with the girls for awhile becase they were still up and he giggled and giggled!Then they really needed to get to bed because they were getting goofy, and I took him downstairs. He literally needed to wear off some energy! I laid him on the living room floor and just let him move! I helped him stand up, sit, roll around, anything! About 11 pm, he started to get tired, so I nursed him and he crashed! I got him into bed and didn't see him all night!

Unfortunately, I did see Christian at 3 am because he needed albuterol for his coughing.

At 5:40 am, I heard Micah wake up. I went in there and got him. Being very quiet, I sat in his room and nursed him. I didn't know if he would want to wake up or sleep, but he ended up waking up after we were done. I brought him back downstairs to play again like last night. About 6:45am, he started to get sleepy, so I sat and rocked him and he went to sleep! I also laid down! If he is going to catch up on some sleep, so am I!!!

It is now 8:45 am and he is still sleeping. And so are the big kids! I feel a little refreshed after sleeping for almost two hours on the couch.

Now, I really do need to wake the big kids up, I try to get school started by 10 am these days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment