Friday, February 19, 2016

Moving Forward!

Who knew you would need recovery time after a vacation? Even though we have been home for almost a week, I feel like I am finally catching up on things. I think I have finally caught up on sleep. I am not falling asleep at 5:30 pm anymore! As for clothes, I am just getting to the last load of vacation clothes today.

We did manage to get the kids back to school on Wednesday after we were done with our classes at the learning center. We managed to get math done on Wednesday. On Thursday, we added in Courtney's English, and today, we were able to do English or phonics with all three AND math with all three! I read a portion of a Bible reading to them today. I feel like we are finally getting somewhere with our schoolwork! (We did pass the halfway mark in our math books this week!)

I think we are going to TRY to add some of our Sonlight stuff back in on Monday. I am anxious to get back to our reading time, and I know the kids are too! I mentioned to them today that I might start our read aloud on Monday and they about jumped for joy! I really do miss reading to them everyday.

I am able to do this now because Micah is consistently sleeping through the night and is up about 7 am. I am no longer up during the night, and I don't need the mornings to catch up on some sleep. If I did need to sleep in, then I let the kids sleep in, and we didn't start school until about 10:30-11 on most days. Now that I am up at 7, I usually wake the kids up at 7:30 and then we can get started by about 9 or 9:30. You know how much schoolwork I can accomplish in that extra hour??

I know that we will have to take it slowly on Monday and just get done what we can. Micah still needs time to nurse and time to get him down for naps. We also need to make sure to play with him during the day. That is not a problem though around here though!! He has been taking hour long naps lately too, which helps tremendously! I have been putting him up in his room to sleep and I think that has made a huge difference in how well he sleeps and how rested he is afterwards.

I also found lately that the best way to keep him happy is to just keep feeding him! Tonight I fed him at 5,6, and 7. He was super tired at this time and I think he was trying to get himself to sleep. He finally fell asleep around 7:15 tonight and I am sure I probably won't see him until 7 am. He is definitely getting on a better schedule.

We don't have anything major scheduled for as far as I can foresee, so I think we can get settled into a good schedule for school and keep moving forward.  After Micah's birth, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and now Mexico, I feel school has just been in limbo for the last three months. Now that everything is settling down, we can finally get something accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment