Friday, December 11, 2015

What I have learned about Micah in four weeks...


Having a newborn is definitely a learning curve. I have done this three times before, but I am relearning many things, it has been over five years!

1.  If you put a really cute outfit on them at the beginning of the day, they will surely spit up on it and you have to change them to a not-so-cute outfit!

2.  Babies do so much better on a schedule!!

3.  If a baby only gets up at night and eats and goes right back to sleep, we are doing well.

If baby does not go back to sleep, I usually put him down in his pack n play or in his swing and go back to sleep myself.  Just because he's not tired doesn't mine I am not tired!! (I usually try to make sure he is asleep before I go to sleep, but sometimes my eyes just can't stay open anymore!)

4.  Babies do not like baths, but honestly, today was the first time he did not scream through his bath.

5.  Swaddle, swaddle, swaddle. Isn't it funny how every baby is different? Courtney was my only child that did not like to be swaddled. Micah loves to be swaddled!

6. Bounce, bounce, bounce. I have never had a baby who liked to bounce as much as Micah! I am glad I bought that exercise ball while I was pregnant because we spend quite a bit of time bouncing on it! It sometimes is the only thing that will calm him down.

7.  If baby won't stop screaming and it is close to feeding time, then feed the baby! I make him wait at least 2 hours between feedings, I prefer 3 hours, but once he wakes up from his nap, he wants to eat and he doesn't care how long it has been!

8.  Having a 4th child has really added up to more laundry!

9.  How many diapers do we go through in a day??

10.  The snuggles are endless. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment