Tuesday, December 15, 2015

I give up!

I had great plans to get back to at least math before the holidays.  I kind of wanted to get English and spelling going again too.

I give up. It's not going to happen!

Between everything associated with the baby,  keeping up with the housework, the holidays, and various other things going on, my days disappear and before I know it, I have not had any time to even think about school.

Don't worry, my kids are not disappointed. They are loving their time to sit on the floor and play Legos all day long. I figure they are being creative and getting along, so it's ok. :)

Christian has spent quite a bit of time at his white board practicing his letters and copying words off of books, the TV, and various other things around the house. He also likes writing various letters together and then asking us what it says. Half of the time, it doesn't spell an English word, but we will sound it out anyway just to be funny. I may start him on Phonics in January since he has such an interest right now.  We will see. I may just continue going through his letters like we were doing in the fall. Just because he copies them doesn't mean he actually knows what they are!

Because we are taking such a long break, my kids will have to go to school a lot more next summer.

We will definitely get back after the holidays! One way or another!!

No comments:

Post a Comment